Title: Apache CloudStack Engineers
Location: Global / home based if required
Type: Permanent Role
ShapeBlue is the world’s leading independent integrator of Apache CloudStack. We design, build, integrate and support IaaS environments for service provider and enterprise customers. The company has offices in London, Mountain View, Cape Town, Rio De Janeiro and Bangalore.
Consulting, Implementation, Support and Software Engineering teams. We expect our people to bring a wide range of deep technical experience but at the core of everything we do is Apache CloudStack. We activity encourage our people to participate in the Apache CloudStack community as much as possible.
We have an ethos of continuous personal development and encourage our people to learn & explore their technology space. ShapeBlue is a relaxed, yet highly motivating, place to work. We are a rapidly growing, yet still small, business and can therefore offer rapid career opportunities to the right people as our company scales.
• Excellent salary & bonus scheme (dependant on experience, skills and location)
• Amazing opportunities for career progression
• Benefits according to experience and location.
We seek Engineers with deep CloudStack expertise to join our growing technical team. The role will involve working on customer implementations, research projects, Q&A and customer support. We expect everybody in our technical team to help cover our support rotas.
You will be given a generous allowance of time for personal development, R&D and to develop your role within the CloudStack community.
Your geographical location is not important, but you must be prepared to travel for customer engagements, conferences, etc. You may also be required to occasionally work outside of your local business hours.
You will be highly experienced with Apache CloudStack (or a commercial distribution). You will consider yourself an expert in this technology.
Along with CloudStack, you will have broad experience with other datacentre technologies ranging from storage, networking & hypervisors.
You’ll have the ability to work in a collaborative Opensource environment and also a good awareness of current datacentre automation platforms.
You will have a desire to contribute to the company in any way you can, you will be innovative with your ideas and always strive to achieve the best possible outcomes for our customers
Skills / Qualifications
• Good University degree in an IT related subject
• Excellent spoken and written English
• Experience in deploying, supporting or managing clouds based on Apache CloudStack
• Detailed architectural knowledge of Apache CloudStack
• Experience in contributing to (or working within) an opensource project (ideally the Apache CloudStack project)
• Experienced Linux user and system administrator
• Experience in writing shell scripts and Python
• Experience in automation and configuration management using technologies such as Ansible, Puppet, Chef
• Experience working with one or more hypervisor technologies such as XenServer, VMWare, KVM
• Knowledge of Java, Tomcat, Spring, Maven and Jenkins is an advantage
• Experience in debugging and resolving production issues
• Experience in support participation, on-call schedules and using tools
• Good networking knowledge, including software defined networking
• Good understanding of storage protocols and technologies (CIFS and NFS, object storage s3 etc)
Please apply, in strictest confidence by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Include in your email:
1. A current resume
2. Your experience with the above required technologies
3. Your salary expectations.
If you wish to ask questions about the role, please feel free to email email@example.com, again in strictest confidence.