Meet LINBIT and ShapeBlue at Storage Days
Date(s) - 28/09/2021 - 29/09/2021
2:00 pm - 4:00 pm
On September 28th and 29th, LINBIT and ShapeBlue are teaming up to bring you a two-day webinar event exploring the benefits of using a combination of open-source software-defined storage and open-source cloud orchestration for building IaaS. During the event, you will get the chance to learn more about integrating LINSTOR (configuration management system for storage on Linux systems) into your Apache CloudStack deployment. Engineers, cloud architects and storage experts from both ShapeBlue and LINBIT will present insights on how to build a fast and reliable cloud while ensuring agility and simplicity.
Day one will consist of four webinars:
- DRBD overview and demo
- LINSTOR overview and demo
- Integration of LINBIT SDS into Apache CloudStack
- How LINBIT achieved the IOPS world record by teaming up with Intel
Day two will have three webinars:
- CloudStack Intro
- CloudStack integration and use-case
- Developers Q&A: Ask LINBIT and ShapeBlue developers your questions regarding LINSTOR and Apache CloudStack
About LINBIT SDS
LINBIT SDS (LINSTOR) is a software-defined storage solution for Linux that delivers highly available, replicated block-storage volumes with exceptional performance. By leveraging existing open-source technologies, LINBIT SDS integrates seamlessly into almost any environment, including CloudStack. Among the key features of LINBIT SDS are:
- An open-source solution – for the community, from the community.
- Geo clustering -possibility to have multiple clusters in different geographical locations.
- Data locality – each volume can be provisioned on local disks, or remote access can be achieved using DRBD-Diskless, ISCSI, NFS, NVME-OF etc.
- Data deduplication – data deduplication is one such technology that enables better utilisation of both storage devices and network bandwidth.
- Low CPU utilization – LINBIT SDS is performing better while consuming the lowest CPU & memory in the market.
- Thin provisioning – allows more storage visible to the users than is physically available on the system. Thin provisioning also allows snapshots and clones.
LINBIT’s Integration with CloudStack
Combining Apache Cloudstack with LINBIT SDS creates a turnkey open-source technology stack for Cloud Providers, Hosting Companies, Finance Industries, ISP’s and many more. LINBIT SDS provides organizations the performance, simplicity and flexibility they need from storage infrastructures. The integration is expected to be launched with the next Apache CloudStack LTS 4.16.