Title: Marketing Specialist
ShapeBlue is the world’s leading independent Apache CloudStack integrator. We design, build, integrate, and support IaaS environments for service providers and enterprise customers. The company has offices in London, Mountain View, Rio De Janeiro, Cape Town, and Bangalore.
At ShapeBlue, we have a flat structure, are passionate about open-source technology and have an ethos of continuous personal development. ShapeBlue is a relaxed yet highly motivating workplace. We are a rapidly growing, small business offering rapid career growth to the right people as we scale.
We seek a Marketing Specialist who will be contributing towards achieving the company’s marketing strategy, social media communication and development, branding activities, organization of events, and coordinating the content marketing.
The ideal candidate will be a result-driven and proactive person passionate about working in the IT domain. The position is responsible for driving forward marketing initiatives for ShapeBlue and also for contributing to the marketing of Apache CloudStack.
Our team values collaboration, customer focus, continuous improvement, and the Apache Way. We will provide you with training and mentoring but fully expect you to have a passion for learning new technologies and working collaboratively.
- Supporting the company blog – uploading, formatting and editing blog posts and news pages. Improving on-page SEO of existing content.
- Working on branding campaigns and initiatives.
- Edits on the company website – changing text, images, adding new sections, minor design changes.
- Responsible for supporting the company social media channels – creating a posting plan for the month, striving to increase engagement on social media channels for the company.
- Conducting different market research, collecting competitive intelligence
- Organizing online events, webinars, conferences – understanding of platforms for online events. Having the ability to set up an online event, instruct speakers and visitors how to join the event, etc. Advertising online events on social media.
- Overseeing and conducting marketing campaigns – being able to analyse the results from online activities and change and fine-tune campaigns to achieve the desired targets.
- Working with people from the technical team on the creation of content (blog articles, White Papers, Solution Briefs), resources and their promotion.
- Working with external agencies (design studios, website support agencies), coordinating the quality of work and ensuring perfect results are achieved.
- 3+ years of experience of marketing in an IT, Software or SaaS company. Preferably in a company dealing with open-source technologies.
- Fluency in English is a must.
- Excellent knowledge of social media marketing – experience with LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube. Proven track record of developing social media channels for a company and bringing engagement to them.
- Experience in configuring and running online ads in LinkedIn and Twitter. Adjusting campaigns based on results to achieve the campaign target and meet budgets.
- Excellent skills in working with WordPress and MailChimp
- Analysis of data in Google Analytics and adjusting campaigns, pages, UX on the website, to improve key KPIs.
- Content writing experience – proven track record in writing blog articles for tech companies.
- Proven record of handling multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong teamwork skills
- Essential skills in working with image and video editing tools.
What we’ll do for you
- Completely remote position. We welcome applicants from anywhere subject to language skills.
- Excellent salary and bonus scheme
- Flexible holiday and annual leave policy
- Great working environment
To apply for this position, please send an email to email@example.com with the following:
1. Cover Letter explaining your interest in the position
2. Current resume/CV – to include experience levels in above skills
3. Salary expectations
If you wish to ask questions about the role, please feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org