Title: Software Engineer, Test (open source)
We seek a Software Engineer, Test to automate testing of infrastructure automation and datacenter optimization tools. We actively contribute to the enhancement and maintenance of the Apache CloudStack Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) project. We collaborate with our customers and consulting team to define the features we contribute to the CloudStack community. We are also developing products atop CloudStack to create a datacenter management platform. Finally, we support our customers’ production CloudStack operations.
Our work involves deep knowledge of hypervisors, storage, and/or networking. We need to establish an automated test platform that to verify the operation of CloudStack across a complex matrix of operating systems, network topologies, hypervisors, and infrastructure components. Our team values collaboration, continuous improvement, and the Apache Way.
The following are the base qualifications for this position:
• 3+ years of automating the testing of API-based web applications and/or distributed systems using Python. Experience with Nose desired.
• 1+ years of experience designing test plans, test cases, and test datasets
• Usage and/or development of Apache CloudStack or other IaaS platform (e.g. Eucalyptus, OpenStack, etc.)
• 1+ years of Linux system administration in either an RHEL/CentOS or Ubuntu environment
• Familiarity with a configuration management tool (e.g. Ansible, Puppet, Chef, etc.) and MySQL Database Development
• Knowledge of network and storage infrastructure automation strongly desired
• Desire to provide Tier 2/3 CloudStack support to customers including participation in regular call rotations
• Excellent spoken and written English and the ability to work as part of a remote team
• BS (or equivalent) in Computer Science or related field
The position will also involve execution of manual test scripts for to verify CloudStack functionality that has not yet been automated. It will also require occasional travel to conferences and customer sites. Excellent salary and bonus scheme. Benefits based on location.
ShapeBlue is the world’s leading independent Apache CloudStack integrator. We design, build, integrate, and support IaaS environments for service provider and enterprise customers. The company has offices in London, Mountain View, Rio De Janeiro, Cape Town, and Bangalore.
We have an ethos of continuous personal development and encourage people to learn and explore their technology space. ShapeBlue is a relaxed, yet highly motivating, workplace. We are a rapidly growing, small business offering rapid career growth to the right people as we scale.
To apply for this position, please send email to email@example.com with the following:
1. Cover Letter explaining your interest in the position
2. Current resume (PDF preferred, Word accepted)
3. Salary expectations
If you wish to ask questions about the role, please feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org