Title: Software Engineer, Test/QA
ShapeBlue is the world’s leading independent Apache CloudStack integrator. We design, build, integrate, and support IaaS environments for service provider and enterprise customers. The company has offices in London, Mountain View, Rio De Janeiro, Cape Town, and Bangalore.
At ShapeBlue we have a flat structure, are passionate about opensource technology and have an ethos of continuous personal development. ShapeBlue is a relaxed, yet highly motivating, workplace. We are a rapidly growing, small business offering rapid career growth to the right people as we scale.
We seek a Software Engineer, Test/QA to automate testing of infrastructure automation and datacenter optimization tools. We actively contribute to the enhancement and maintenance of the Apache CloudStack Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) project. We collaborate with our customers and consulting team to define the features we contribute to the CloudStack community. We also support our customers’ production CloudStack operations.
The position will also involve execution of manual test scripts to verify CloudStack functionality that has not yet been automated. It will also require occasional travel to conferences and customer sites, usually international.
You will be part of ShapeBlue’s global, distributed Software Engineering team, and will also work closely with the wider Apache opensource community, through mailing lists, slack channels and occasional physical meetings.
Our work involves deep knowledge of hypervisors, storage, and/or networking. We are a polyglot
environment – developing CloudStack in Java and Python whilst working with many different technologies for integration. We then donate all our work back to the opensource project.
Our team values collaboration, customer focus, continuous improvement, and the Apache Way. We will provide you training and mentoring but fully expect you to have a passion for learning new technologies and to work on a collaborative basis. We will expect you to work toward becoming an Apache committer within 6 months and to want to share your work and ideas through conference presentations and hackathons.
Essential skills and qualifications
- 3+ years of automating the testing of API-based Java applications and/or distributed systems using Python
- 1+ years of experience designing and writing test plans, test cases, and test datasets
- Strong knowledge of networking, hypervisor, storage, and infrastructure automation
- 1+ years of Linux system administration in either an RHEL/CentOS or Ubuntu environment
- 1+ years experience in using Git as a source/ revision control environment
- Excellent spoken and written English
- ability to work as part of a remote team
- BSc (or equivalent) in Computer Science or related field
- Desire to provide tier 2/3 CloudStack support to customers including participation in regular call rotations
Desirable skills and qualifications
- Experience of testing with Nose
- Experience in Apache CloudStack or other IaaS platform (e.g. Eucalyptus, OpenStack, etc.)
- Familiarity with a configuration management tool (e.g. Ansible, Puppet, Chef, etc
- Experience of testing in a node.js/npm environment
- Experience working in an Opensource project
Excellent salary and bonus scheme. Benefits based on location.
To apply for this position, please send email to email@example.com with the following:
- Cover Letter explaining your interest in the position
- Current resume (PDF preferred, Word accepted)
- Salary expectations