Case Study: IndiQus and ShapeBlue Accelerating Cloud Growth in Emerging Markets
Data localisation is creating multi-million-dollar revenue opportunities for regional ISPs, data centers and telcos. Providing the monetisation and cloud management solutions to build a regional cloud services business requires the help of an expert that can deliver a wide variety of services from a single marketplace and ensures unbeatable SLAs which can be assured for the end-user.
IndiQus are such an expert. They are a 360-degree cloud solutions provider with a focus on working with local and regional service providers (telcos, data centres, ISPs), enabling them to set up in-country public clouds. They work in markets where there’s a rising demand for local cloud services (due to considerations around data localisation, latency and local currency billing). Still, no major/hyperscale providers are present locally to address this demand.
IndiQus Chose CloudStack as a Turnkey Solution for Building In-country Public Clouds for Their Customers
They engaged with ShapeBlue to help with the migration process of their environments from the existing Accelerite CloudPlatform (ACP) to Apache CloudStack. ShapeBlue provided a migration plan, professional services and consultancy, followed up by long-term support for the CloudStack needs of IndiQus. As a result, they can now rely on the strong capabilities of CloudStack and the proven expertise of ShapeBlue in the domain to provide the monetisation and cloud management solutions needed from regional cloud service businesses.
“We work in markets where there’s a rising demand for local cloud services, but no major/hyperscale providers are present locally to address this demand. Herein, we help service providers build and operate a locally-hosted public cloud and sell it to their local enterprise and SMB customers. We provide a full solution that includes cloud monetisation solution, management platform, the required tech stack, managed services and also business consulting.”, said Kshitish Purohit, Chief Product Officer at IndiQus.
The Challenge – Delivering a Fully Managed Cloud Solution with Unbeatable Quality
IndiQus needed to enable its customers to deliver a wide variety of services from a single marketplace and ensure unbeatable SLAs for the end-users. To achieve this, they needed to solve 2 major challenges:
- Implement a reliable cloud orchestration technology, which is easy to deploy and manage. The solution needed to allow IndiQus to develop services on top of it. Their target was to offer fully managed cloud service, a complete customer life cycle management and a monetisation solution.
- Engage with a reliable technology partner who can help them achieve an unbeatable solution quality, fix complex issues rapidly and deliver a specific niche market expertise.
The Solution – Building In-country Public Clouds with CloudStack
To deliver their solution IndiQus chose CloudStack – a highly versatile cloud orchestrator. The ease of setting up and managing CloudStack was the primary reason for this choice. CloudStack is a true community-first product, which means it is more responsive to actual production use cases. It is also much simpler to manage – which, in IndiQus’ context, gives great benefits as it lowers the barriers to entry for their customers.
Other orchestrators are either commercially unviable or require a greater extent of in-house skill to manage – or in extreme cases, a combination of the two. Consequently CloudStack, owing to its design and philosophy, is what IndiQus have recommended to service providers of all sizes and scale.
ShapeBlue was the best choice to support IndiQus in building cutting-edge cloud architectures orchestrated with CloudStack for their customers. Thanks to ShapeBlue’s team, IndiQus can build complete SLA-based managed CloudStack solutions. Moreover, they can rely on comprehensive instant help in Severity 1 and Severity 2 issues to guarantee the reliability of their customers’ environments and workloads.
“Being part of the CloudStack community for over eight years, we have known the ShapeBlue team for a long time. We were initially working with Citrix and then Accelerite (who provide a commercially supported version of CloudStack called CloudPlatform) but were not too happy with their quality of L3-L4 support. We wanted to deploy and support native CloudStack, and ShapeBlue emerged as our most obvious choice.”, shared Sunando Bhattacharya, Chief Executive Officer of IndiQus.
- IndiQus is offering a complete SLA-based managed CloudStack service to their end customers, allowing them to focus on sales and growth, while IndiQus team ensure the technical reliability of the cloud.
- On top of the CloudStack infrastructure, IndiQus built Apiculus – a full-featured cloud monetisation and management solution. Now they offer a single pane of glass experience to the end-users and delivers a combination of automated onboarding, provisioning, billing and self-service operations. Thus allowing their customers to offer an AWS-like or Digital Ocean-like cloud experience to their end-users.
- IndiQus team is entirely focused on their customers, while ShapeBlue helps them meet needed SLAs and provide niche expertise and unique skills when complex issues need to be resolved.
ShapeBlue is partnering with IndiQus by supporting their customers and providing with them a seamless IaaS experience, resulting in local cloud providers delivering a high-quality service competitive even to hyperscalers.
IndiQus is a 360-degree cloud solutions provider based in India. The company focuses on working with local and regional service providers (telcos, data centres, ISPs) in emerging markets, enabling them to set up their in-country public clouds. IndiQus helps service providers build and operate a locally-hosted public cloud and sell it to local enterprise and SMB customers. They also provide a complete solution for cloud providers, including a cloud management platform, the required tech stack, managed services and business consulting.
IndiQus is trusted by leading telcos and ISPs globally, like Aritel, Tata Communications, Datahub and Ooredoo. They manage public and private CloudStack deployments In 7 countries.